Although we women love our high heels, they can cause nail trauma, blisters, corns, calluses, knee and back pain and just general misery.
So, how can we enjoy wearing them without the damage …
1. Try keeping high heels for that ‘special occasion’, limit wear time to around 3 – 8 hours.
2. Heel height should be no more than 4 – 5 cm and they really shouldn’t be so high you have trouble walking!
3. To look more relaxed and elegant wearing heels you need to slow down, take smaller steps and shorten your stride.
4. Spend some time checking the fit before you buy. Most of us buy too small. High heels still need that all important half inch of space in the shoe beyond the longest toe.
5. At the end of the day give your feet a little extra attention – exercise the calf, heel and foot muscles by stretching them out. Give them a gentle soak and then massage in a little cooling, minty/ lavender foot cream. Then lie back in your favourite chair and relax with your feet up!